Hi list,

I'm the author of an SQL browser/editor application and would like to
make use of FTS3. I have included the amalgamation (with
SQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3 ) and all works happily.

However, I would like to be able to detect which tables are virtual or
which are related to virtual tables. For example:

MyTable                         <-- Virtual table using FTS3
MyTable_content         <-- Dependencies of MyTable
MyTable_segdir
MyTable_segments

I want to do this to prevent users from accidentally dropping or
modifying these internal tables without at least showing a warning. So
far the only method I can think of is to inspect sqlite_master to see
if a statement contains the VIRTUAL keyword and then check table names
for '_content', '_segdir' etc.

Is there a better way to do this? I've so far been unable to find
anything in the documentation or list archives.

Regards,

Ben Barnett