That's the clincer.

The resulting DATE column is actually the format of the equation as well.

I've attached a view of the results from the working SQL statement that does
not perform the WHERE.

"WHERE Format$(Date, 'yyyy-mm-dd') < sDateTemp" does not work.

Also, as stated in my previous post, I have sDateTemp formatted in the same
format as that which is in the table.

That's why I'm puzzled.

Rick