#>Rick Ratchford wrote:
#>> #>Try
#>> #>
#>> #>date(max(Date), 'weekday 5')
#>>
#>> It's likely I'm not using it correctly, because it returns
#>nothing. :(
#>
#>I mean, replace "Date" in your statement with this expression. As in
#>
#>SELECT date(max(Date), 'weekday 5') FROM MyTable GROUP BY Year, Week;
#

It works. The last time I tried it I got nada. So I must have typed it in
wrong.

#>> #>> Is there an answer to my problem somewhere in the above output?
#>> #>
#>> #>No, not directly. Teach a man to fish, and all that.
#>>
#>> Completely understand. Just wish my fishing pole was a little more
#>> forgiving. :)
#>
#>An interesting specimen of a double entendre here.
#>
#>Igor Tandetnik

"double-entendre"?. I had to look that up.

Was a reference to "Teach a man to fish", where one needs good working tools
to get the job done. My 'tools' (mental-my mind) needs a bit of work. That's
the only part of the anatomy I was referring to. LOL!

I had written a loop and had it check each date to make sure it was Friday
date. When it was not, I directly changed it in the recordset. This worked
also, but is not as clean and efficient as using this that function in the
SQL.

Thanks for your help Igor.