This is why I generally advocate TAB delimited files over CSV

Restaurant , Menu Item, Price
Tom, Dick "The MAN", and Harry's Bar & Grill  , Specials /new stuff! Mikey's
Burger "Delishiousness ' ,  $5

If you only have to upload your data once, you should be able to use a
spreadsheet program to convert to TAB delimited rather than going through
the work of writing your own parser.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Wilson, Ron P <
ronald.wil...@tycoelectronics.com> wrote:

> > I'm trying to take a CSV file and create a sqlite3 database for the
> > iPhone.
> > The CSV file has 33K entries and is 2 MB.  The problem I am having is
> that
> > only about 1/10 of the database file gets written into the sqlite3
> > database.
>
> The .import csv method is imperfect; if you have quoted strings in your csv
> that have commas or newlines in them, the import will do surprising things.
>  I had to write my own code to do imports with quoted strings.
>
> RW
>
> Ron Wilson, Engineering Project Lead
> (o) 434.455.6453, (m) 434.851.1612, www.harris.com
>
> HARRIS CORPORATION   |   RF Communications Division
> assuredcommunications(tm)

VerifEye Technologies Inc.
905-948-0015x245
7100 Warden Ave, Unit 3