Hello,

I would like to pass cookies back and forth between a search script I have
written that runs on the local system, and javascript pages displaying the
forms and results in Firefox. I'll forego all the gory details here, it is
working pretty well, but being able to pass cookies back and forth would
make allow me to make it much more robust. FF (3+) uses an sqlite db to
store it's cookies. I have tried to edit cookie values using sqlite3, but I
keep getting a 'database locked' error, incessantly. (Does FF simply put a
lock on this file at the beginning of a session and not release it til it is
done?)

I have read things that talk about using fcntl() to get around this, but it
is quite over my head, though I am willing to invest, as I really want to
accomplish this.

If I could get some suggestions on how to handle this situation to my ends,
I would much appreciate it. I could just simply copy the db file, alter the
cookie values, and then copy it over the existing cookies db. This works.
Perhaps a more kosher way would be to use fcntl() (or something) to get a
mandatory exclusive lock beforehand. This is an area I am quite unfamiliar
with, but willing to invest in learning if it seems feasible. I really would
like to be able to edit the cookies outside of FF and I believe there is a
way without just forcing it. Reading them is no problem, but I want to be
able to write flags back to the javascript while it is running.

Perhaps copying over the db file is not such a big deal, after all, this
would (most likely) only be occurring while the user is using the search
feature anyway. Any thoughts on this? But if I can do this in a more kosher
manner, it would be better.

Any input on this?

Thanks much,

Allasso