Dan, updating to sqlite3.dll version 3.6.17 did fix the problem.

Also, I should clarify what I meant by having the query syntax doc on the
sqlite web site.  It is indeed on the web site, but I spent a lot of time
yesterday trying to find a document just like it and couldn't.  It just needs
to be in a more accessible spot, perhaps under the documents area?

Thanks again for the help,
Craig