On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Simon
Slavin<slav...@hearsay.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On 2 Sep 2009, at 2:39pm, Alberto Simões wrote:
>
>> Can you please send me your env?
>
> It works fine for me on Leopard, and I have done no special
> environment setting at all: I use the default Unix settings and the
> default SQLite settings for 10.5.
>
> You might want to check which shell you're using (csh ?  bash ?) to
> see if the shell is filtering out your funny characters for you.

actually, does not work for me. I am using bash, and while both in
Terminal.app and in iTerm.app, the character encoding is set to
Unicode (UTF-8), none of the accented characters work. When I type
'café', for example, upon typing Option-e, I get the accent mark, but
when I type e, instead of getting é, I get nothing. It wipes the
accent, and the cursor doesn't move.

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org