hi,

I have an application that cannot afford to be locked out of the database
for more than maybe a fraction of a second.  However I'd like my application
to be able to monitor the database for corruption.

Given that, can anyone provide any general comments on running "pragma
integrity_check" on a timer, e.g. every five minutes...

- While the check runs, will it lock out all other reads or writes while it
runs the integrity check?  Or any other impact on DB access otherwise?
- How long does it typically run, does this depend on DB size, etc.
- Any other information that can help me decide whether it is feasible to
implement a runtime integrity check without compromising the application
functionality?

Thanks.