I want to do multi-master sqlite3 replication by editing sqlite3.c to
log UPDATE/INSERT queries with timestamps, and then using another
program to run those queries on the other masters.

I looked at the sqlite3Insert() function in sqlite3.c, but couldn't
find a variable that holds the query itself. I could probably
reconstruct the query from pTabList, pList, pSelect, and pColumn, but
is there an easier way?

Same question for sqlite3Update().

I realize I could use triggers for this, but my goal is to move the
low-priority replication task outside of sqlite3.