Simon Slavin wrote:
> On 20 Sep 2009, at 8:06pm, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
>

>> I'm just trying to see if there's a way to move more data per request.
>> But it seems not (for now).
>>

> By all means write your own routine that calls _step lots of times.
> But it won't be faster or more efficient.  Other database engines have
> a large overhead for each call to their libraries so fewer calls
> results in improvements in efficiency and speed.  This overhead can be
> caused by having to do authentication (username/password) or access a
> server running on another computer for each function call.  SQLite
> does not have to do these things and has almost no overhead for each
> call to _step, so there's no opportunity for savings.

Hi Simon

Thanks for the message.  Yes, I can see why other databases may need
it.  It was one of the things that we were using in the other database
for performance - I was just trying to check if there's any thing in
SQLite that's equivalent to the same.  However, I can see why that does
not apply to SQLite.

Thanks,
Mohit.