[quoting fixed]

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:11:52 -0700 (PDT), oryann9
<orya...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Kees Nuyt wrote:
>>
>> oryann9 <orya...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>Is there a method, set of tools to gather and show
>>>either graphically or non-graphically the performance
>>>of SQLite3 databases?
>>>I am trying to determine the current memory, disk IO
>>>and cpu load all DB transactions place on our server.

>>Set up a suite of benchmark queries and use the performance
>>tools of your operating system, vmstat, iostat, etc..
>>You can also try sar, or if you are rich, TeamQuest.

>I did do this, set-up a cron job using vmstat, free and top.

That's a good start. Don't forget iostat. On top of that,
Simon Slavin already told you how to measure time taken in
SQLite with the .timer ON command.

>I do not know how to set-up a 'suite of benchmark queries'.

It's simply a set of typical database actions that are
important for your application. Concentrate on
performance-critical queries.
A one-time import of initial data may be less important than
a end-user query that has to be performed every ten seconds.

>Will you provide me with yours

I don't have one, and I did have one, it wouldn't be
representative for your use case.

>or help me with the queries?

You will have to build your own, specific for your use case.
If you get stuck with a specific query, you can of course
ask for help here.
--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )