Rick Ratchford wrote:
> Okay, I give.
>
> What do the 100 and 1300 values signify? I am completely baffled at
> how you
> arrived at these values and what they do.

I simply combine (month, day) pair into a single number - the same way you
combine two digits of a decimal number by multiplying the first by 10 and
adding the second. The multiplier doesn't have to be 100 - any number greater
than 31 will do.

Now that I have a flat numbering for calendar dates, I can do a check like this:

date - startDate < endDate - startDate

There is a slight complication with the case where endDate < startDate, where
you want to wrap around to next year. For that, I simply need to perform
calculations modulo a large number - any number greater than the representation
of 12/31 in my scheme. 1300 is one such number.

Igor Tandetnik