On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:49 PM, P Kishor <punk.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Darren Duncan <dar...@darrenduncan.net>
> wrote:
>> P Kishor wrote [on sqlite-us...@sqlite.org]:

>>> ..

>>> I tried to create a db with FTS3 and got the following
>>>
>>> perl(12546) malloc: *** error for object 0x1eb160: Non-aligned pointer
>>> being freed (2)
>>> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
>>> perl(12546) malloc: *** error for object 0x870200: double free
>>> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
>>> perl(12546) malloc: *** error for object 0x1ea668: Non-aligned pointer
>>> being freed
>>> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
>>> Segmentation fault
>>>
>>> Is the above the FTS3 related error?
>>
>> Looks similar.  This is the official bug report that we already have, which
>> was reported on Oct 14, and on which the failing/skipping test is based:
>>
>>  http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=50503
>>
>>  Subject: Segfault with fts3
>>
>> A copy of the ticket text is displayed below the dashed line in this email
>> also.
>>
>> The bug report was against DBD::SQLite versions that bundled SQLite 3.6.13
>> and 3.6.18 respectively, for both of which the bug manifests.
>>
>> As of yet the bug is unfixed.
>>
>> If you have any new information, it would be useful for you to add it to the
>> above RT ticket.
>>

> Well, the only additional information I have is that I went back to
> DBD::SQLite 1.21, and that compiled fine and also was able to create
> and populate FTS3 tables. However, and this is weird, it keeps on
> periodically choking up on MATCH queries. I have a web app on my
> laptop, and when I query the db using FTS3, I get back an "Internal
> Server Error" ("Premature end of script headers" in the Apache error
> log), but if I reload the page a few times, I will suddenly get the
> search result back. Reload, and the process repeats. Error a couple,
> three times, and then, get the correct results.
>
> This is all very mysterious, and very disheartening.

Ok. Perhaps a bit more on the mystery I was experiencing with
DBD::SQLite 1.21. I was getting periodic 500 errors, and nothing
illuminating in the Apache logs as well. I finally figured out from
the command line... I am still getting occasional segmentation fault
with DBD::SQLite 1.21. Will roll back even more and see what I get.

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org