On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Unabashed wrote:

> To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
> From: Unabashed <wombat...@gmail.com>
> Subject: [sqlite]  Slow SELECTs in application
>

> Hello!
> I'm using SQLite as DB in my application. My problem consists of two
> aspects. First , it works great, but on large data SELECTs are very slow
> (10-20s!). Queries are in one transaction. My table structure is:
> CREATE TABLE mgWords (
>  id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,
>  id_norm INTEGER,
>  word TEXT,
>  wform TEXT)

You could try removing the AUTOINCREMENT constraint to
speed things up a little.

All you need is:

id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,

That will allow you to reference the rowid using the 'id'
identifyer. They both referer to the same thing.

Please see: http://www.sqlite.org/autoinc.html

for all the details.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts