On Oct 22, 2009, at 10:16 AM, hfdabler wrote:

> I have been using the Talend software for a few months now ...

Needless to say, "hfdabler" has been permanently banned from this
list.  Not that that matters any since "hfdabler" is likely a throw-
away email address and he had already unsubscribed himself by the time
I was able to investigate.

Mailman allows me to filter messages by header content, but not by the
content of the body of a message.  Hence, for some time now we have
been rejecting submissions that contain the word "Talend" in the
Subject line.  But the version of Mailman we are running does not
allow me to filter messages that contain "Talend" in the body of the
message.  Does anyone know if there is a newer version of Mailman
available that has improved spam filtering capabilities?  Is there a
different mailing list manager we should consider switching to?

I have changed settings so that moderator approval is required in
order to join the mailing list.  Perhaps that will be sufficient to
head off future attacks such as the above.  But it will also mean that
new people will have to wait until I get around to approving them
before they can send emails to this list.

Are there other suggestions on how to limit or curtail the kind of
mailing list abuse practiced by Talend?

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com