On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 05:55:53PM -0700, Roger Binns wrote:

> Hint:  How does the SQLite connection you are currently using know that no
> other SQLite connection won't be updating the database?

The database is only rarely updated.  When it is updated, a copy is
taken of it, it is then updated off-line away from the webserver, then
uploaded back onto the webserver cluster.

I guess the thing I have learned today is that SQLite still does
locking even if applications access the database in read-only mode
or use read-only commands.

I'll try using a VFS of unix-none and seeing if that makes a difference.

- Jamie.