Your writing transactions most probably will not block readers, but
each writer will block others. So whether SQLite is applicable for you
depends on how much load your server will have. If it's 60/80 per
second (I wouldn't call such site small :) ) then you can try it but
it's already a boundary value if not over it already. Because unless
you turn off synchronization with disk SQLite can do not so much
writing transactions per second (actual numbers depend on hardware and
file system settings). So assuming that besides your application
there's others working on the same server you will feel a lot of
contention for the disk I/O.

Pavel