On 31 Oct 2009, at 9:39pm, chen jia wrote:

> I have not updated sqlite from version 3.6.10 to version 3.6.12 yet.

3.6.10 was January 2009.  9 months ago.  Perhaps there's an easy way
to get a later version.

> But, I have tried .dump by following the instructions on
> <http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html>.
>
> I created a new database by using
> $ echo '.dump' | sqlite3 hq.db | gzip -c > hq.dump.gz

Unzip the .gz file into a text file and look through it.  See if you
can see anything strange about it, especially in table firmsret11.  I
will bet that it looks okay.

> $ zcat hq.dump.gz | sqlite3 hq3.db
>
> Then, I did pragma integrity_check and vacuum on the new database.
> Before I ran vacuum, the pragma integrity check returns OK. After I
> ran vacuum, I still got errors when I ran pragma integrity_check.
> Also, the number of rows of table firmsret11 reduces to 2.

I think you have come up against one of the known bugs in 3.6.10.  But
I don't know enough about SQLite to be sure.  However, I'd recommend
you update just in case the bug I'm thinking of, or a later bug is
causing your problem.  And anyone trying to cure your bug will
definitely want to start from the current version of SQLite, not one
nine months old.

Simon.