Hello,
I have the following situation:

Two seperate processes (process A and process B) on a Linux system read
and write to the same database. Process A performs a transaction every 5
seconds. Every now and then the locks from process A are not released
(judging from /proc/locks). It seems this situation occurs when process
A and B both try to access the database at the same time. I have not
found a way to release the lock besides closing the database handle. I'm
using the sqlite3_exec function to execute a query; this function calls
slite3_finalize at the end so this should release the locks.

I suspect there may be a path in the code which skips releasing the
locks.

Nico Coesel