On Nov 5, 2009, at 5:15 PM, Beau Wilkinson wrote:

> I really think this warrants further discussion. Perhaps the correct
> answer (that ARMs implement a non-standard FP type which is
> incompatible with Sqlite) is already out there, but I think the
> issues I raised with that answer should at least be addressed.

I don't know if this is the problem on PocketBook, but...

We have successfully used the SQLite compile option
SQLITE_MIXED_ENDIAN_64BIT_FLOAT when building SQLite for ARM to get
interoperability of databases between ARM Linux and other platforms
such as x86 Linux, MacOSX, and Windows. Some compilers and runtimes
for ARM use a format wherein the two 32-bit halves of a double are
swapped relative to other platforms (the two 32-bit words are in big-
endian order, whereas the bytes in the words are in little endian
order, hence the rationale for the MIXED nomenclature in the option
name).