Jay Kreibich, Thank for your reply about sqlite3_busy_timeout. We
found that the sqlite 'database is locked' error message can be fixed by
updating two different tables in the two SQL Server 2005 client processes.

UPDATE mdMatchUp SET

MatchKey = master.dbo.mdMUIncrementalBuildKeyEx(@Incremental,       Matchcode,
Zip, Last, First, Address, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL),

@RetVal = master.dbo.mdMUIncrementalAddRecord(@Incremental),

Status = master.dbo.mdMUIncrementalGetStatusCode(@Incremental),

DupeGroup = master.dbo.mdMUIncrementalGetDupeGroup(@Incremental)

Perhaps, the problem we were experiencing with the sqlite 'database is locked'
error message is related to SQL Server 2005 locks.

     The SQL Server 2005 extended stored procedure
master.dbo.mdMUIncrementalAddRecord(@Incremental) is a wrapper around the C/C++
code:

    sprintf(Command,"INSERT INTO [Keys] ([Key], [Cluster], "

       "[DupeGroup]) VALUES (\"%s\", \"%*.*s\", %d)",

        MCKey,BlockSize,BlockSize,MCKey,DupeGroup);

     while (Keys->Execute(Command)==SQLITE_BUSY) {

        #if defined(__unix)

           sleep(dRETRYDELAY);

        #else

           Sleep(dRETRYDELAY*1000);