2009/11/12 Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>

> On Thu, 12 Nov 2009, dave lilley wrote:
>
> > Not trying to be silly here but why not write a wee program that reads in
> > the dbf file and for each row read in write the data into an sql file?
>
>   Because I'd have to research the format of the .dbf file and I'd probably
> be re-inventing the wheel.

No I mean you use a programming language to read the DBF datafile and write
out to your new database.

And as someone else has suggested you use OOo spreadsheet to connect to the
DBF file and then write it out to a CVS file so you can import into your new
DB.

if your not confidant with programming then i strongly suggest you take this
option as you then only have to import the CVS data into SQLlite.

Rich