I don't know, is there a way I can tell?

the binary was downloaded from sqlite website, version
is 3.6.2. The binary stores in a remote server, running
Debian 3, I used ssh in a Terminator/gnome-terminal
bash shell.

I also installed sqlite on my local machine, running
Ubuntu Karmic, interestingly, the one from Ubuntu repo,
v2.8.17, does not have this problem, but the one
I downloaded from sqlite's website, v3.6.18, has the
same issue.

Is this possibly caused by how sqlite binary was
compiled?