On 25 Nov 2009, at 9:40am, Antti Nietosvaara wrote:

> I have an application which keeps an index of data in an SQLite
> database.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle the possible
> scenario of database filling out the entire hard disk.  I could just
> delete some of the oldest rows, but I wonder if it's possible that even
> delete statements fail due to insufficient disk space for journal file.
> Is there a robust way to handle these situations?

I assume your database file is on your boot volume.  What operating system are
you using ?

For most operating systems if you get close to running out of space your
program has probably crashed long before it will notice there are zero bytes
free and start freeing up disk space.  The message is that if you are short of
space it is already too late for any software to cope with the problem.

Simon.