On 01.12.2009 09:01, Dan Kennedy wrote:

>> Monday 30 of November 2009 12:29:10 Ralf Junker napisaƂ(a):

>> I am passing various arguments to sqlite3_tokenizer_module.xCreate.
>> In case they are invalid, I would like to return an explaining
>> error message in addition to SQLITE_ERROR. I did not find a way to
>> do this. Is it at all possible?

> I don't think it is possible at the moment. Unfortunately.

Dan, thanks for the confirmation.

Related to this, I noticed check-in [620a8a2b38] which avoids using an
uninitialized variable for the error message issued when
sqlite3_tokenizer_module.xCreate returns an error. The error message is now:

   pzErr = sqlite3_mprintf("unknown tokenizer");

I believe that the message is misleading because the tokenizer is not
unknown. The error is that a registered tokenizer can not be created.

Personally, I would like to see an error message giving the proper
reason and the name of the tokenizer:

   pzErr = sqlite3_mprintf(
     "cannot create tokenizer %s");

Also giving the tokenizer arguments is naturally helpful for
debugging and end-user support:

   pzErr = sqlite3_mprintf(
     "cannot create tokenizer %s with arguments %s");

Ralf