Hi Puneet,

>Yes, that seems like a reasonable interpretation of the OP's question,
>one I also understood. One thing I don't understand though,
>Jean-Christophe, even though one can enter base64 encoded "images"
>into the db via the sqlite shell, how does one create the base64
>encoded images? One would need a way to do that on the shell command
>line no? Not to mention, how inconvenient it would be to do for any
>"meaningful" image, as you can see from your own 2x1 pixels image
>example.

But the hex isn't base64 encoded at all: it's merely a hex byte after
byte linear dump, something that is obvious to get without any
dependancy on SQLite or the environment.  BTW, having images stored
direct in hex blobs without any convoluted encoding allows smart
database managers to display the images directly in resultset grid,
which I find very convenient.

I didn't mean to enforce this as a convenient way to handle routine
operation, except if the particular situation demands it.  I fully
agree with your remark that it isn't very practical, but I've slowly
discovered that SQLite is so flexible that it shows up in many
environments where one wouldn't expect a database layer to simply exist
in the first place.
I've no clue as why the OP asked that and what his actual constraints
really are, but if he needs a text only, command-line only,
no-specific-program way to have his job done, then SQLite is still his
friend and not a stumbling block.

That's all of SQLite glory to offer workable solutions to incredingly
strange situations!