On 10.12.2009 07:44, Roger Binns wrote:
> sqlite3.h is not generated from a .in template.  Are you volunteering to do
> that and become the maintainer of it?
Nah I was merely wondering how/if it could be achieved at all.

> Secondly your solution would only work for autotools which not everyone uses.
True.

> Thirdly it wouldn't support the case of people supplying flags at the
> command line to the compiler which is the usual case.
Also true.

> SQLite 3 is shipped with a pkg-config data file so you could try to get the
> flags into that.
Hm that's probably a good idea, but I wouldn't know what to put in there
to fix the TB issue.

My concolusion is that the TB folks shouldn't assume that the system
sqlite library was built with debugging symbols or provide a mechanism
to opt out said function call with an easy switch/compiler flag.

Thanks for your attention and clarification on that matter. :)

--
Mierswa, Daniel

If you still don't like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply
know better than you do.
               --- Linus Torvalds, comp.os.linux.advocacy, 1996/07/22