> You don't need to modify sqlite3 code, but you need to write your own
> code inside your application to do what you want. The sqlite backup
> API, from what I understand, is not designed to solve the problem you
> are trying to solve.
>         == Kirshor-- I still don't get it. How can you copy from in-memory
> to file from my application? I don't want to again use sql queries to do
> that because it would be as slow as inserting to file DB directly. But
> during backup, sqlite copies pages in bulk, so it will be lot faster I
> believe. But if you know a faster way to copy from in-memory to file DB,
> then please let me know?

A database file (sqlite for example) is a complex format, usually based on
different level of abstraction (bytes, sectors). If you append more than one
record, it's not that one consequent block of data appended, it's many
operations involved, usually many blocks of data containing in more than one
sector. If the performance is high priority for you, I'd recommend using
series of transactions involving one main database file instead of using two
databases