Ah, Thanks.  That makes sense.

My tokenizer extracts text-node values from XHTML content and delegates the
tokenizing of each node value to the Porter tokenizer.  Since the RHS of the
MATCH operator will never be XHTML, I should be able to just defer the
tokenizing of that input directly to the Porter tokenizer?  And I can do
that by registering a custom tokenizer-module in my read-only application
that specifies the Porter functions, but has the name of the custom
tokenizer I used to index the XHTML data.

Does that seem reasonable?

Nick Hodapp