On 18 Dec 2009, at 3:27pm, Gianandrea Gobbo wrote:

> I'm using sqlite (2.8) on an embedded product, running a Linux kernel.
> I'm experiencing sometimes a database corruption, and listing some
> tables contents gets me a "SQL error: database disk image is malformed".
> Ok, there can be many reasons for this, but the strange thing that
> puzzles me is that the database file has always the same size: 409Kb
> (418816 bytes).

Interesting.  Did you compile your own version of sqlite ?  If so, could you
show us the directives you used.  If not, tell us which distribution you
downloaded with.

Are you using any PRAGMAs, especially those which speed up sqlite3 by telling
it not to do caching, or locking, or something like that ?  If so, please tell
us which ones you used.

If you are in control of either of these, please try doing without them: leave
sqlite3 with its default settings, /even if this would make your product
unacceptably slow in real life/.  If using all the defaults prevents your file
corruption, you will know that it's one of your own settings which is causing
the problem.

Simon.