Hello all,

Our organization is moving towards storing data values in the newly
defined IEEE754-2008 decimal floating point point standard:
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_754-2008

What provision is there for the inclusion of new data types in SQLite
and is such an inclusion possible or likely in future?  My current
thinking is to store decimal32/64 bit values as 64 bit integers in an
SQLite database and use custom functions to convert these to/from
integers/strings/doubles etc and perform arithmetic, but obviously a
native integrated type would be more convenient

Jacob Lister
Programmer, Abbey Systems