On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 04:24:51 +0000, Simon Slavin
<slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

>On 31 Dec 2009, at 2:13am, Wensui Liu wrote:
>
>> i am trying to change the output by 'sqlite3 mydb ".mode csv"'.
>> however, when i type 'sqlite3 mydb .show', I couldn't see the change
>> of mode at all.
>
>Each new 'sqlite3' command starts a new instance of the application, and the
>new instance starts with all settings set to the defaults.

Correct.

Additionally, if Wensui Liu wants to have his own defaults,
he can put a   .sqliterc   file in his home directory with
the commands he wants to have executed every time he starts
the sqlite3 command line tool. This works in Unix, Linux and
Windows.

Unix and Linux use ~/.sqliterc, Windows tries to find the
location of .sqliterc using the environment variables
USERPROFILE HOME HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH, on modern versions
USERPROFILE is the most probable to be used.

--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )