Hello listers,

I am trying to migrate to Sqlite3.6.21. I visited the Sqlite site and
downloaded the compiled file. I'm surprised in verifying that the zip only had
the executable. I hoped to find also the DLL.

Well, since I could not find the DLL file concerning this version, I presumed
DLL does not change and for this reason, an update is not necessary for it.

In order to do my first test, I created the following tables and inserted some
values.

create table cities

(

id integer primary key not null,

name text not null

);

create table people

(

id integer primary key not null,

name text not null,

cities_id integer not null,

foreign key(cities_id) references people(id)

);

insert into cities(name) values('Campos');

insert into cities(name) values('Araraquara');

insert into cities(name) values('Recife');

insert into cities(name) values('Curitiba');

insert into people(name, cities_id) values('João', 3);

insert into people(name, cities_id) values('Maria', 2);

The objective is to test the new support for foreign keys. I hoped that this
command failed:

insert into people(name, cities_id) values('John', 8);

Unfortunately, the value was added successfully.

Is there something wrong? I need to do something to enable the foreign key
support?

This is my first message to the list. It's a pleasure for me to join the Sqlite
community.

Luciano de Souza