On Jan 4, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Olivier Roger wrote:

> Hello,
> for some project we need an encryption on our database. SQLite
> Encryption Extension seems to fit our need perfectly but some
> questions
> remain.
>
> After having paid the license fee we can download the entire source
> code
> of the extension, right ? not only a dll (or equivalent)
> The encrypted db can be read either from C++ software or a php web
> application. Does php have a native support for encrypted db (or
> with a
> pdo driver) ? On php documentation a parameter refer to an encryption
> key : http://www.php.net/manual/en/sqlite3.open.php
> If not, did someone have some article about recompiling php with SEE ?

Licensees for SEE are given a login and password to the Fossil
repository that contains the SEE source code, so that they can login
and download the latest source code whenever they like.  Yes, you get
full source code.  And your login never expires so you also get all
future updates to the source code as well.

In order to use SEE with PHP, you'll have to replace PHP's SQLite DLL
with a new DLL that contains SEE.  You are responsible for compiling
the SEE DLL yourself.  But after you replace the SQLite DLL with the
SEE DLL, you should then have full encryption capability.

Note that SEE is a superset of SQLite.  SEE will read and write
ordinary (unencrypted) SQLite database files just like public domain
SQLite.  SEE simply adds the capability to optionally encrypt/decrypt
the database as it is written/read.  So replacing the PHP SQLite DLL
with an SEE DLL will not break legacy code - it simply gives you a few
extra pragmas that allow you to turn encryption on and off.

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com