On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Oliver Peters <oliver....@web.de> wrote:
> Hello out there,
>
> I just wanted to say "thank you" for this wonderful feature (load_extension)
> and
> the work invested into these very useful extra functions
> (extension-functions.c).

Thanks!  The real work on extension-functions was done by Mikey C and his
coworkers.  I packaged it up and added documentation.

> From the view of a non programmer (only heavy user) I've 2 suggestions and 1
> question.

> s2: extension-functions.c
> -------------------------
> add compilation instructions for windows

I don't know how to compile in windows; if you or
someone has some instructions, I'll add them.

> q1:
> ----
> I used gcc version 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3) to compile
> "extension-functions.c" with the following options
>
> gcc -shared -fPIC -I "c:\Programme\SQLite" -o libsqlitefunctions.so
> extension-functions.c
> (I copied sqlite3ext.h before to "c:\Programme\SQLite")
>
> and got the following error message:
>
> extension-functions.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is
> position
> independent)
>
> Where's my mistake?

As someone else said, that's a warning, not an error.  Just ignore it,
or remove the -fPIC if it bothers you.

Liam