Suppose that I'm using an SQLite database via a non-C interface (such
as Perl, Python, PHP, etc.) which is running a version of SQLite that
I have no control over and I would like to determine whether or not
SQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3_PARENTHESIS support is enabled.

How can I do this?

(It's easy enough to check for SQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3 support with
something like:

   create virtual table check_for_fts3 using fts3();

And then you need "drop table check_for_fts3;" if it succeeds as there
doesn't seem to be a way to create a virtual table in temporary
storage or else just make sure you're doing the testing on the
":memory:" database.)

Since SQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3_PARENTHESIS is recommended for new
applications (see http://www.sqlite.org/fts3.html#section_2 ) I would
like to verify it's available before trying to use the enhanced syntax.

Is there a recommended way to check for SQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3_PARENTHESIS
support?

Thanks,

Kyle