Hello,

I am new to SQLite, but have experience with other database management
systems.  Performance is very critical in my application, but the data
is getting too large to keep in memory.  My application is not just a
database front end.  The database is just a part of the overall application.

What is the best way to "buffer" the database in memory while still
being able to save the database to disk when needed later?

Some Relevant Links:
http://www.sqlite.org/inmemorydb.html
http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html   (See #19 "INSERT is really slow...")
http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/funclist.html

I have read about "In-Memory Databases".

I have read about "Temporary Databases".  This seems to be useful.  How
well does it detect "memory pressure"?  How large is a database that
becomes "too large"?  In my application, the database will have to share
memory with other parts of my application.  How soon does it detect
"memory pressure" before the application itself starts to use Virtual
Memory?

If I use a "Temporary Database" or an "In-Memory Database", is there an
easy way to take that database and write it to disk when I need to
(programmatically)?  (Is there a database copying function that will
take a "From" handle and a "To" handle or something similar?)  (When I
state "write it to disk", I want to write it to a file with a specific
name.)

Any information that you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you.