On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 03:13:35 +0000, ishak kalkavan
<genc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I accidently overwritten my iphone's contact list with an empty one. here is
>what I have done so far.
>
>- I jailbreaked my phone and accessed its files.
>- copied addressbook.sqlitedb
>- tried to browse the file with tools like sqlite manager. (could not find
>any contacts)
>- opened the file(addressbook.sqlitedb) with an hex editor. there was no
>data at the first quarter of the file but when i browsed later parts of the
>file I could see phone numbers and contact names but in a very complex way.
>I couldnt find any way to match those data.
>
>is there any way I can save those data?

Not with SQL.
You can try to retrieve some data with

$ strings addressbook.sqlitedb >adrsbk.txt

but it will be that same "complex way".

It may help a bit to dump page by page and
find out which table occupies which pages.

Study the schema to find out the tables and the order of the
columns.

PRAGMA page_size; tells you how big a page is.
sqlite_master contains a pointer to the root page of each
table, but it will reside in the first quarter (the
overwritten part) of the file, so the pointers are not valid
for the old data.

If the data has a lot of value, you could hire a
datarecovery company to do it for you. They will need the
phone, not your copy of the file.
Also, they may ask you to prove the phone is actually yours
and you're not trying to hack into someone elses data.

By jailbreaking the phone you lost any chance of support by
Apple.

In short: backups are useful.
--
  (  Kees Nuyt