I got a quick question.  I have two databases, one resides on a read
only file system, the other is on a writable file system.  I routinely
copy from the read only copy to the other.  I did not realize, until
today, that I do not have the protection of transaction support since
one database is read only.  So, besides moving the database to a
read-write partition, is there anything I can do via the API or a
pragma to operate WITH transaction support within my current file
layout?

My (pseudo)code... (app is programmed in C)

Open(read-write db)
attach (read only db)
execute(begin transaction)

loop....