It doesn't look like the wiki is editable.  I suppose you have your
reasons for that.  On the page below, I have a suggestion.

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=LibraryRoutineCalledOutOfSequence

It is my experience that you can get "library routine called out of
sequence" if you call sqlite3_step on statement that writes to the
database and the process doesn't have write permission to the directory
in which the database is located (or maybe the current directory, I'm
not sure which).

In an ideal world, the error message would tell you exactly what is
wrong, but I don't want to argue about that.  I'm hoping someone can
confirm that I am right about the behavior and add a note about it to
the wiki page, which I found when searching for help on this problem.
Perhaps it will save someone some frustration.

JKL