Hello Artur,

Sunday, February 28, 2010, 12:44:00 AM, you wrote:

AR> "Select count(id) from table where text!='' or text!=NULL" is the same,
AR> right?

Using text!='' obviously needs to load the text column.
I just tried it nevertheless and aborted after 5 min (brute force
reread of the whole file would be by the way much much faster then
the 5min for a 10 GB file).

AR> As i see you want to count all rows, right? I don't know if it is faster
AR> to only count one column instead of *, but I using it the one-column-count
AR> way. Perhaps this helps too?

I never thought about this and always considered it syntax-sugar for the
count function.

And it seems i'm right, no change either.

So it's maybe time to say byebye to SQLite and move on to a real
database system.

--
Best regards,
 Lothar Scholz                mailto:sch...@scriptolutions.com