On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 2:41 AM, Jason Lee <jasonl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been playing around with the FTS3 (via the amalgamation src) on a
> mobile device and it's working well. But my db file size is getting
> pretty big and I was looking for a way to compress it.

Jason, can you calculate the ratio between your text data and fts3 data?
>From my tests it showed that fts eats not so much. For example, once I tried
en wikipedia abstracts as a test file (downloadable xml, I took title and
abstract from it), it's 3M records, 500M file without fts, after indexing
the size has changed to 1,5G. And I even didn't use stop-words. So with
proper stop-words usage the ratio can even be better.

Max