Hello,

        I'm having the following issue while looping through a directory:
for each file, I need to hash its content, check if this file is
already in an DB, add a record if it isn't.
The goal of this application is to check a whole drive for UltraEdit
temp files, check for duplicates, and save any unique file into a
backup directory.

In the following code, a record is added everytime, although this file
is already in the SQLite database (I checked by opening it with a
stand-alone application after running the program once):

http://pastebin.ca/1823757

The problem occurs around line 63.

I'm using TEXT to hold the hash column: Could it be that, for some
reason, this data isn't reliably saved or read, which would explain
why a new record is INSERTed every time, even though this item is
already in the database?

Thank you for any hint.