On 8 Mar 2010, at 10:33am, Preeti1 wrote:

> I want to do some mappings for SQL Server and SQLite data types.I went
> through the link http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html for the data types.But
> still confused with few data type mappings from sql server to sql ce.
> Can anyone please tell me the equivalent data type for sqlite for the
> following sql server datatypes:
> 1.uinqueidentifier
> 2.nvarchar
> 3.float
> 4.ntext

It would be helpful if you'd post a page where these types are defined for your
version of SQL Server.  Given what this mailing list is about we can naturally
be expected to understand SQLite, but you have no idea whether any of us have
ever used SQL Server.  However, my guesses for your version of SQL Server are
as follows:

1. You could hold them as TEXT but there is no special type for GUIDs.
2. TEXT
3. REAL
4. TEXT or perhaps BLOB (ntext is deprecated and no longer has a consistent
definition)

Also, I'll point out that SQLite uses column affinities, not column types.  An
SQLite column has an affinity, but that doesn't ensure that every value in that
column has that type.  In SQLite you can create an INTEGER column, but any row
of that table might have a string stored in that column.

Simon.