On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 4:16 PM, CDN Mark <cdn.m...@virgin.net> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> am trying to run an sql file of DELETE commands, but not totally successful.
> Of the 43, only 30 deleted from the database on the first try, second time 10
> more, third time 2 more, one wouldn't delete. Was wondering if the format
> mattered in that the commands were in 43 continous rows, but everywhere I've
> seen about the DELETE command it quotes it as  DELETE xxxx  on one line, with
> the WHERE xxxx on the next line.   I thought there might be a locking issue
> but seem to recall reading that SQLite does this automatically.  I would
> actually be running a combination of DELETE/UPDATE/INSERT commands (will this
> work?)  and wondered if alternating the commands might help

This is such a vague question -- no table schema, not even the
commands that succeeded vis a vis the commands that failed. That said,
sql does not care about white space. You can put a sql command over
10,000 lines and it will work. A sql command is terminated by a semi
colon. Consider the following

sqlite> CREATE
   ...>    TABLE
   ...>  t (