On 24 Mar 2010, at 8:50pm, Dave Dyer wrote:

> database resident on a mac file sustem
> mounted as a drive letter on a pc
> the "main" database is open and shared by sqlite running on both computers.
> the "auxiliary" database is attached and updated simultaneously from both
> computers>

Could you help us by adding any of the following details ?

What OS is the Mac running ?
What OS is the PC running ?
What protocol is being used to access the Mac file share ?
Is the file-sharing host accessing the database as a shared file, or as a file
on its hard disk ?

> Under these circumstances, both applications typically get
> "error 11, disk image is corrupted" errors while attempting
> to update the auxiliary database.

Does this happen without any data-changing instructions ?  In other words can I
get this fault using only _open, ATTACH and lots of SELECT commands until
something falls over ?  Or even just repeated _open, ATTACH and _close until
something falls over ?

> Note that the main database, which is updated periodically, doesn't have
> a corruption problem,

Are both 'main' and 'auxiliary' on in the same folder, being accessed the same
way ?

> and that this is only a problem with databases resident
> on a mac.  The same scenario, with databases resident on the PC disk, works
> fine.

When the databases are on the PC disk, what protocol is the Mac using to access
them ?

Thanks for your help.

Simon.