I am currently using SQLite in my client/server application:

Server: Apache Web Server -- the sole process that access the SQLite
databases
Client A: Admin Client to configure the server, there is only 1 instance of
this client.
Client B: Kiosk Client, there is 1 or more of these, some have over 50

Right now both Clients go through the web server to access the SQLite
database, and all works fine.  The Kiosk Clients are also getting images
from the server, so they will ALWAYS access the SQLite DB via the Apache
server.  If I am not mistaken, the Admin Client, being on the same machine
as the Apache Web Server, could also access the SQLite database with little
or no effect, since they are very small rights.

A third client needs to be added to the system, a Sales Client.  For larger
setups where there are more than 2 Sales Clients (10 kiosk clients), a
traditional client/server database will be used.  What I am wondering is, if
for the smaller setups where only 2 sales clients are needed, can these
sales clients access the SQLite DB via a network share without a major
preformance hit or am I better off having the sales clients go through the
Apache Web Server, too?

Sam