On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:38:49 -0500, P Kishor
<punk.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I must be in an alternate universe. So, I have turned off images in my
>browser and I am looking at http://www.sqlite.org/lang_delete.html

You are trying to find a formal syntax description in text.
It's not there, but there is a description right below the
railroad diagram which serves that same purpose. I think
that's what Shane refers to.

On the page you point to:
        "The DELETE command is used to remove records from a
table. The command consists of the "DELETE FROM" keywords
followed by the name of the table from which records are to
be removed.

        Without a WHERE clause, all rows of the table are
removed. If a WHERE clause is supplied, then only those rows
that match the expression are removed."

For INSERT ( http://www.sqlite.org/lang_insert.html ) the
description is too terse to reconstruct the exact syntax. On
the other hand, SQLite implements the essentials of SQL-92,
which is available in cross-referenced text form:

http://vieka.com/esqldoc/sql92bnf.htm#query_specification
http://vieka.com/esqldoc/sql92bnf.htm#SQL_data_change_statement

I must admit that spec is very wordy and not tailored to
SQLite.

Nicolas Williams suggestion to add alt tags to the images is
a good idea. Perhaps the OP, Tyler Spivey, can shine his
light on that concept?
--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )