Hello!

On Friday 09 April 2010 00:11:56 Jay A. Kreibich wrote:
>   Virtual Tables are completely abstract to the query planner.  The
>   only way to do any type of indexed or high efficiency lookup is if
>   the virtual table allows that to happen.  Otherwise, there is
>   nothing the query planner can do, except perform a full table scan
>   -- even on the ROWID column.  The issue isn't with the SQLite core,
>   it isn't with the query planner-- it is with the virtual table module
>   you're using.  Most modules are designed to be used in specific ways.
>   If you're using it in some other way, it isn't a surprise it doesn't
>   work very well.

May be is needed to show this more informatively. The record
"TABLE role_fts VIRTUAL TABLE INDEX 0:" is not useful I think.
And is not helpful than planner using full table scan without any
alert.

For FTS3 the workaround is in using _content table insted of virtual
table but now we must search for bad-planned queries manually.
So vurtual tables are similar to regular tables but we have a lot of
hidden planner problems.

Best regards, Alexey Pechnikov.
http://pechnikov.tel/