On 12 Apr 2010, at 7:36am, Navaneeth Sen B wrote:

> One of my colleague asked me if SQLite have any "Database redundancy
> support"?
> So i was trying to correct him saying that Data redundancy is an issue
> and why should an RDBMS  support an issue?
> So from his words what i understood was a mechanism like 'Managed Backups'.
> That was what i tried to convey by calling it Automatic Backup.

Mmm.  These are really different subjects:

SQLite has no redundancy support.

You can manage backups of SQLite data, even if the database is currently in
use.  But the system does not have a fast way to know which pieces of data just
changed.  You can write that into your program, or just copy the entire
database.

You can write a program to take automatic backups, depending on how you define
'automatic'.

> Another doubt is like :
> When you say sorting contents in the DB, is this the same as Querying?

The actual database file is not changed (resorted) each time you make a query.
It is just that the reply to the query returns data carefully sorted into the
order the query asked for.  This is true for SQLite and all similar SQL systems.

Simon.